Currently held position 2009-2011 - Post-doctoral researcher in Paleolithic archaeology, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany
Research project: "Cultural Dynamics for the late Middle Paleolithic and the early Upper Paleolithic in the East Balkans. Taphonomic approach and techno-economic analysis of the lithic series"
2007-2008 - Post-doctoral researcher, Anthropology Department, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, U.S.A.
Research project: "The origins of cultural modernity: techno-economic analysis of lithic industries towards a comparison between reference sequences of the Iranian Zagros and the South-African Drakensberg (80-35 Ka BP)"
- Director: H. Dibble
- Funding: Fyssen Foundation Grant
2001-2006 - PhD in Prehistory and Quaternary Geology, University of Bordeaux 1, France
"The Debut of the Upper Palaeolithic in the East-Balkans. Taphonomic and techno-economic analysis of lithic assemblages from Bacho Kiro Cave (layer II), Temnata (layers VI and 4) and Kozarnika (level VII)."
- Directors: M. Lenoir et N. Sirakov
- Jury members: J. Jaubert, L. Meignen, J. Svoboda, F. Bon, M. Lenoir, N. Sirakov and J.-P. Raynal
- Presented on the 12th of December, 2006
- Honours:très honorable and félicitations orales du jury
- Partial Funding: joint thesis supervision France/Bulgaria by the French Ministry of Research
2000-2001 DEA in Physical Anthropology and Prehistory, Institute of Prehistory and Quaternary Geology, University of Bordeaux 1, France
Dissertation topic: "Techno-typological study of the Gravettian level IVb of Kozarnika Cave (Northern Bulgaria)"
- Funding: French Government's Ministry or Foreign Affairs
1998-1999 Masters degree in Archaeology, Bulgarian New University, Sofia, Bulgaria
1993-1997 Bachelors degree in Archaeology, Bulgarian New University, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Prehistorian specialised in the study of lithic assemblages on different scales: taphonomic, technological, typological and economic analysis
- Finds illustrator: lithic, bone, ceramic, plan and stratigraphic drawings
- Field experience: archaeological excavations in Bulgaria and France
Presentations and Publications
- 10 international conference talks (7 of which as first author)
- 1 invited conference
- 1 book; 10 papers in journals (of which, 2 are in press and 2 in preparation; 7 of these are as first author)
2008 - July : Roc de Marsal, Dordogne, France. Middle Palaeolithic excavation. Directors : H. Dibble & S. McPherron
August: Kozarnika, Bulgarie
1996-2004 - Kozarnika Cave, Northern Bulgaria. Franco-Bulgarian Mission: «Les manifestations humaines les plus anciennes en Europe du Sud-Est» - scientific collaboration between AIM-BAS, Sofia (Bulgarie) / IPGQ - Université Bordeaux I, CNRS (France), directors: Jean-Luc Guadelli and Nikolay Sirakov.
2004 - Le Piage, Lot, France. Upper Palaeolithic excavation. Directors : J.-G. Bordes and F. Ricalens-Le Brun.
2003 - Pech de l'Azé IV, Dordogne, France. Middle Palaeolithic excavation. Directors: H. Dibble & S. McPherron
2001 - Caminade, Dordogne, France. Upper Palaeolithic excavation. Directors: J.-G. Bordes and A. Lenoble>
- Artenac, Charents, France. Middle Palaeolithic excavation. Directors: A. Delagne, J.-F. Tournepiche and D. Armand
1997 - Archaeological field survey in the region of North-Western Bulgaria - Institute and Museum of Archaeology - Bulgarian Academy of Science, Sofia (Bulgaria)
1994-1995 - Devetachkata Cave, Northern Bulgaria. Neolithic and Palaeolithic excavation, test-pits I, II and III, Institute and Museum of Archaeology - Bulgarian Academy of Science, Sofia (Bulgaria)
1994 - Saint-Ilia Sanctuary, Dupnitsa, South-Western Bulgaria, medieval excavation - Institute and Museum of Archaeology - Bulgarian Academy of Science, Sofia (Bulgaria)
1993 - Sozopol, Black Sea, Bulgaria. Classic period excavation and medieval - National History Museum
18th-22nd October 2006, Vauvert, Languedoc: Visit to Aurignacian sites and examination of Chatelperronian and Aurignacian lithic assemblages, organized by University of Bordeaux 1 and the Centre de Recherche et de Documentation préhistoriques du Gard, led by J.-G. Bordes (Lecturer at University of Bordeaux 1) and Frédéric Bazile (UMR 5059 CNRS, Montpellier).
7th-16th October 2003, Valbonne Sophia-Antipolis: «Technological analysis of prehistoric knapped stone and experimentation», organized by the CNRS, director: Pierre-Jean Texier (Director of Research at CNRS).
2nd-15th April 2007, Le Piage and Les Eyzies (Dordogne): Field-school for Prehistory master students organized by J.-G. Bordes, lecturer at University of Bordeaux 1. Field methods, experimentation and lithic technology.
30th March - 6th April 2006. Le Piage (Lot): Field-school for Prehistory first-year master students organized by J.-G. Bordes, lecturer at University of Bordeaux 1. Field methods, experimentation and lithic technology.
- Bulgarian - mother tongue
- French - read, spoken and written - fluent
- Spanish - read and spoken - fluent
- English - read and spoken
- Russian - read and spoken
Cultural and Prehistory guide, commented walks, illustrations, running, cycling, gymnastics, dance, canoeing, travelling, mountain, desert and jungle expeditions.