Dr. Kornelius Kupczik
Max Planck Weizmann Center for Integrative Archaeology and Anthropology
Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
Deutscher Platz 6
04103 Leipzig, Germany
phone: +49 (0)341 3550 860
fax: +49 (0)341 3550 119
The Max Planck Weizmann Center for Integrative Archaeology and Anthropology (MPWC) is an interdisciplinary cooperation between the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology (MPI-EVA) in Leipzig, Germany, and the Weizmann Institute of Science WIS) in Rehovot, Israel. View more ...
- 16/7/2014: A new paper co-authored by Dr. Ellen Schulz demonstrates, using feeding experiments, how diets effect tooth length and wear in guinea pigs.
- 7/7/2014: We welcomed Prof Germán Manríquez (Universidad de Chile) to Leipzig and enjoyed his talk on “Assessing interaction and social identity in archaeological populations from San Pedro de Atacama (northern Chile) from an interdisciplinary perspective”
- 23/06/2014: Max Planck Weizmann Center opens it's doors to other members of the Max Planck institute and outside visitors during it's first open day allowing people to see our new labs and facilities.
- 17/06/2014: Members of the Max Planck Weizmann Centre travel to the Weizmann Institute in Rehovot to meet counterparts, discuss science and plan future collaborations.
- 02/05/2014: A warm welcome to our new staff members: Ellen Schulz, Adam van Casteren and Stéphane Montuelle (postdoctoral researchers), and Silke Brauer (lab technician).
- 19/2/2014: Visit of Prof Steve Weiner from the Weizmann Institute of Science (Israel) and co-director of the MPWC.
- 20/1/2014: Move into lab and office space in Biocity, next to MPI-EVA building.
- 15/1/2014: Franziska Pfab joins the MPWC. From now on she supports the research team as administrative assistant.
- 1/1/2014: Establishment of the MPWC research group at MPI-EVA led by Dr. Kornelius Kupczik after his move from the Department of Systematic Zoology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Jena.