Robert Power Bio CV Publications
- Power RC, Salazar-Garcia DC, Wittig RM, Freiburg M, Henry AG (2015) Dental calculus evidence of Taï Forest Chimpanzee plant consumption and life history transitions. Scientific Reports 5:15161. http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/srep15161
- Power RC, Salazar-García DC, Straus LG, González Morales MR, Henry AG (2015) Microremains from El Mirón Cave human dental calculus suggest a mixed plant–animal subsistence economy during the Magdalenian in Northern Iberia. Journal of Archaeological Science. 60, 39–46. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jas.2015.04.003
- Power RC, Salazar-García DC, Wittig RM, Henry AG (2014). Assessing use and suitability of
scanning electron microscopy in the analysis of microremains in dental calculus. Journal
of Archaeological Science,http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jas.2014.04.016.
- Power, RC, Rosen, AM, Nadel, D (2014). The economic and ritual utilization of plants at the Raqefet Cave Natufian site: The evidence from phytoliths. Journal of Anthropological Archaeology. 33:49-65. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jaa.2013.11.002
- Nadel N, Danin A, Power RC, Rosen AM, Bocquentin F, Tsatskin A, Rosenberg D, Yeshurun R, Weissbrod L, Rebollo NR, Barzilai O, and Boaretto E (2013). Earliest floral grave lining from 13,700–11,700-y-old Natufian burials at Raqefet Cave, Mt. Carmel, Israel. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA. 110(29):11774-11778. http://dx.doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1302277110
- Salazar-García DC, Power RC, Sanchís-Serra A,Villaverde V, Walker MJ, Henry AG (2013). Neanderthal diets in central and southeastern Mediterranean Iberia. Quaternary International. 318:3-18. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.quaint.2013.06.007
- Power R, 2010. Future Trends in Ceramic Analysis. The Undergraduate Journal of Ireland and Northern Ireland, Volume 2
- Power R, 2010. Supermarket of the swamps (Wild plant exploitation in Malawi). Healing and Development. MMM Communications, Volume 71.
- Power RC, In prep. Phytolith analyses report. In: Brady, N., Medieval Rural Settlement Project, The excavations of Tulsk. Discovery Programme Monograph.
- Power RC, Rosen AM, Nadel D. In press. Phytolith evidence of the use of plants as food by Late Natufians at Raqefet Cave. In (Ed.) K. Hardy, Wild Harvest: Plants and people in the pre-agricultural and non-agricultural world.
Professional Meeting Posters, Papers and Presentations:
- Power RC, Nadel D, Rosen AM. 2013. Phytolith analysis of a Late Natufian site at Raqefet Cave in Mount Carmel, Israel. Society for American Archaeology 78th Annual Meeting Honolulu, Hawaii, USA (Apr 5).
- Power RC, Nadel D, Rosen AM. 2012. The Economic Exploitation of Plants by Late Natufians at Raqefet Cave: The Evidence from Phytoliths. 18th Annual Meeting of the European Association of Archaeologists, Helsinki, Finland (Aug 31).
- Power RC, Walker MJ, Salazar-García DC, Henry AG. 2012. Neanderthal plant food consumption and environmental use at Sima de las Palomas, Southeastern Iberia. 21nd Annual Meeting of the Paleoanthropology Society, Memphis, Tennessee, USA (Apr 16-17).
- Power RC, Walker MJ, Salazar-García DC, Henry DC, 2012. Evidence for Neanderthal plant food consumption at Sima de las Palomas, Southeastern Iberia, Southeastern Iberia. Hugo Obermaier Society Annual meeting (Apr 10-14).
- Power R, 2011. Comparing phytolith assemblages at a Natufian site at Raqefet, Mt. Carmel with a PPNB site at Motza, Israel. [Poster], International student Microarchaeology workshop. Weizmann Institute, Rehovot, Israel (Apr 7).
- Power R, 2010. The role of phytoliths in archaeology. [Poster], Association of Young Irish Archaeologists Annual Conference, UCC, Cork, Ireland (Feb 26).