Dog studies internships
The Department of Developmental and Comparative Psychology offers unpaid internships to undergraduate and graduate students throughout the year. This page offers extra informations about positions within our dog studies research team.
Scope of duties
- Contribution to the research group’s ongoing and future projects
- Assistance in planning, performing and analyzing empirical research
- Assistance in organizational and administrative duties
- Helping with database administration
- Helping with taking care of dogs during the studies
Requirements for an application
- Enjoying research work
- Research interests in the field of cognition
- High level of independence and proactivity
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexibility in your working schedule
- Driving license and driving experience
- Good command of German
- Experience in interaction with dogs
Students are expected to spend a minimum of eight, preferably twelve weeks at our institute - please state exactly when you would be available. If there are alternatives to your preferred period of time, please make sure to mention them as well, since this will increase your chances of getting a placement if your first choice does not work out.
To apply for an internship in the Dog Research Group, please email a substantial application to:
hundestudieneva.mpg.de with subject "Internship"
Please note that the deadline for winter term applications (starting October) is June 1st and for summer term applications (starting April) is December 1st.
Please add to your application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of final school exams or university certificate
- A cover letter describing your research experience and interests
- if applicable: letters of interests