Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
Deutscher Platz 6
phone.: +49 (341) 3550 - 0
fax: +49 (341) 3550 - 119
- The library provides reference and information services primarily for the institute's scientific staff.
- Researchers who are not members of the institute may use the library for reference during the opening times given below.
- Lending services are not available.
- Copies/print-outs are charged at 0.05 € per page.
- If you would like to use the library please contact the library staff to register.
- Please consult our Rules and Regulations for further detail.
|Mo - Thu:||11 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Fri:||11 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
Closed: December 24 - January 1 (incl.)
Deutscher Platz 6 (ground level)
|Ms. Lausberg:||0341 / 3550 - 140|
|Ms. Bageritz:||0341 / 3550 - 142|
|Ms. Scheffler:||0341 / 3550 - 141|
About our collection
We acquire literature in the fields of linguistics, psychology, biology, and anthropology. Areas of specialised interest include grammar, language acquisition, cognition, developmental psychology, zoology, ethology, and genetics. The selection of titles is according to the research interests of the members of the institute and does not aspire to be comprehensive.
Journals are usually available from 1998 onwards, though back issues for some of the most relevant journals have also been added. We also facilitate access to the online versions of more than 50 000 journals.
Currently the print collection comprises about 51 000 volumes and about 300 subscribed journals (November 2012), increasing by about 4,000 items annually.