I am an ecologist and GIS analyst, with extensive knowledge in biodiversity conservation, sustainable use and management of biodiversity, impacts of land-use change on biodiversity and ecosystems services, restoration of degraded ecosystems, ethnobotany and tree population dynamics of key multipurpose species in West Africa.
My background includes a PhD and a Master in Ecology from the University of Hamburg, a Master degree in Botany from the University of Cocody in Côte d’Ivoire and a BSc in Biological Sciences from the University of Ouagadougou, in Burkina Faso.
My desire to work at the science-policy interface led me to join the MPI-EVA in April 2014, as Data manager of the IUCN SSC A.P.E.S database (http://apesportal.eva.mpg.de)
My main duties include:
- Data request, acquisition, storage and analysis to inform policy on great ape conservation
- Trend analysis of great ape populations in the frame of the IUCN SSC periodic assessment
- Data/metadata management and analysis (data quality assurance; data integration, standardization and normalization
- Extensive communication with the IUCN SSC SGA, conservation organizations, researchers and policy makers
- Reporting, networking and outreach activities
- Contribution to scientific papers