Jump directly to main navigation
Jump directly to content
Jump to sub navigation
- First click on the wireless icon in the taskbar and select Network and Sharing Center, then Manage Wireless Networks
- If eduroam is not already listed, click on Add, otherwise right-click on eduroam and then on Properties
- Click on Add and enter eduroam as Network name. Security type select WPA2-Enterprise and the Encryption type is AES.
- Proceed with Next and in the following window select Change Connection Settings.
- Choose the Security-tab and compare the settings with the screenshot below.
- Then click on Settings.
- Now set Validate server certificate and also Connect to these servers with edurad.eva.mpg.de.
- ChooseT-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2 under Trusted Root Certification Authorities (if the Root Certificate T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2 is missing, download it here and install it with double-click).
- Click on Configure and untick the checkbox Automatically use my Windows logon name
- Set Enable Identity-Privacy and insert eduroam
- Click on OK
- Check the Advanced settings. Ensure that Specify authentication mode is ticked and User authentication is selected.
- Now you are ready to establish the connection
- Go to the wireless icon in the taskbar and click on the eduroam network.
- Enter your credentials (USERNAME@eva.mpg.de) and you are connected.