Date: 17-18 January 2009
Place: Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig (Germany)
- Søren Wichmann (Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology & Leiden University)
- Anthony Grant (Edge Hill University)
- Claudia Schmidt (Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology)
This conference, which celebrates the 100th year birthday of Morris Swadesh, is intended primarily to bring together scholars working on cutting-edge methods in historical linguistics and, secondarily, to assess the work and influence of Swadesh.
Conference fee: 25 EUR (to be paid in cash upon arrival)
- Mark Pagel (University of Reading)
- Tandy Warnow (The University of Texas at Austin)
- Eric W. Holman (University of California, Los Angeles)
Call for papers:
Deadline for abstract submission is September 30, 2008.
Anthony Grant: Grantaedgehill.ac.uk
Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
Deutscher Platz 6