1. Why should sanctuaries and researchers collaborate?
Sanctuary and researcher collaboration benefits everyone.
- SANCTUARY APES
- benefit from improved care as managers and researchers gain more knowledge of their behavior and health
- WILD APES
- benefit from strong sanctuaries that are aided in fullfilling their conservation role while researchers gain knowledge with applications for protecting wild populations.
- benefit from additional attention, credibility and resources that researchers bring
- benefit from additional educational and employment opportunities.
- benefit from the unique and affordable opportunities for innovative non-invasive research on semi-free ranging ape behavior, intelligence, genetics, disease / health, morphology and physiology.