Call for abstracts
Abstracts on any topic in typology are invited for oral presentations or posters. Non-members of ALT may submit abstracts but will be expected to join ALT in order to present a paper at the meeting. Oral presentations may be submitted with the specification of a theme session; they will then be jointly evaluated by the Programme Committee and the theme-session convenor(s).
Deadline for receipt of abstracts: January 15, 2013
Notification of acceptance: February 28, 2013
Papers are anonymously reviewed; in line with previous meetings, the committee will strive to ensure that selection is rigorous but that acceptance rate is not too low.
Categories of submission
- Oral presentation (single or multiple author): Timing will depend on the number of papers accepted for presentation and will most probably range between 20 and 25 minutes per paper, plus 10 minutes for discussion.
- Poster: One or more poster sessions will be organized, depending on demand.
- Oral/poster: This means you prefer an oral presentation but can also present a poster. If there are more good abstracts than we can accommodate, the Programme Committee will schedule some as posters. If you choose either category "poster" or "oral/poster", this will probably increase your chances of acceptance.
- Generalized Noun Modifying Clause Constructions ( Convenor: Yoshiko Matsumoto)
- Typological hierarchies in synchrony and diachrony (Convenors: Sonia Cristofaro, Fernando Zúñiga, Karin Stüber)
- Lexical typology of qualitative concepts (Convenors: Ekaterina Rakhilina & Tatiana Reznikova)
- Linked Data in Linguistic Typology (Convenor: Sebastian Nordhoff)
- Quantitative Linguistic Typology: State-of-the-Art and Beyond (Convenor: Harald Hammarström)
- Predicate-centered focus from a cross-linguistic perspective (Convenors: Tom Güldemann & Ines Fiedler)
How to submit an abstract
Send your abstract as an e-mail attachment to: ALT10[>>> Please replace the brackets with an AT sign! <<<]eva.mpg.de
Subject header: (your name) ALT 10 abstract
Include these things in the body of the email:
Note: One individual may be involved in a maximum of two abstracts (maximum of one as sole author), regardless of category (oral, poster, theme-session talk).
- authors' names
- abstract title
- contact information: e-mail, phone, fax
Maximum length: 500 words or 1 single-spaced page.
Please put this information at the top of your abstract:
- abstract title
- abstract category (oral, poster, oral/poster)
- theme session (if applicable)
Format: If at all possible, please send your abstract as a pdf.
Name: Give your pdf a filename similar to the subject header.
Anonymity: Abstracts must be anonymous: do not put your name or other identifying information on the abstract. Also, please anonymize your pdf by removing identifying information.
ALT Programme Committee
- Stephen Matthews (U Hong Kong, chair)
- Bernard Comrie (MPI EVA, Leipzig)
- Hilary Chappell (EHESS, Paris)
- Michael Daniel (MGU and HSE, Moscow)
- Mark Donohue (ANU, Canberra)
- Martin Haspelmath (MPI EVA, Leipzig)