Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology & University of Leipzig
Prof. Dr. Anja Widdig
e-mail: anja_widdig@[>>> Please remove the brackets! <<<]eva.mpg.de
phone.: ++49 (0)341 9736 707
1. We teach two modules at the University, one on the B.Sc. and one on the M.Sc. level. Our modules takes place exclusively during summer term (April to July). We provide all scripts online (via moodle). The study regulations (Studienordnung) and the examination rules (Prüfungsordnung) for B.Sc. Biology and M.Sc. Biology can be found on the faculty's Homepage.
Bachelor Modul (in German):
"Modul 11-BIO-0631: Einführung in die Verhaltensökologie"
(recommended for the 5th semester)
- Vorlesung (2 SWS): Einführung in die Verhaltensökologie
- Seminar (2 SWS): Statistikseminar (Programmieren in R)
- Seminar (1 SWS): Literaturseminar
- Praktikum (4 SWS): Praktikum mit Präsentation eines Posters
Master module (in English):
"Module 11-BIO-0804: Primate Behavioral Ecology"
(recommended for the 2nd semester)
- Lecture (2 SWS): Primate Behavioral Ecology
- Seminar (2 SWS): Bridge seminar (Literature seminar between University of Leipzig and the Max-Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology)
- Seminar (2 SWS): Statistics - programming in R
- Practical Course (3 SWS): practical course, including the presentation of a poster
2. We participate in the practical course "Module 11-Bio-0101: General Zoology" at the bachelor level (1st semester).
3. We also offer the "Module 11-Bio-0515: wissenschaftliches Arbeiten" at the Bachelor level.
4. We offer topics to do a Bachelor and/or Master thesis (check out potential topics)
5. We teach classes as part of the IMPRS (The Leipzig School of Human Origins) dedicated to PhD students in this school.