Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
Deutscher Platz 6
phone: +49 (0)341 3550 - 0
fax: +49 (0)341 3550 - 119
PhD positions at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
PhD positions at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology (MPI-EVA) in Leipzig, Germany
The MPI-EVA unites scientists with various backgrounds who investigate the history of humankind from an interdisciplinary perspective with the help of comparative analyses of genes, cultures, cognitive abilities, languages and social systems of past and present human populations as well as those of non-human primates closely related to human beings.
We provide interdisciplinary training and research opportunities for excellent young scientists. Apply for a PhD position in one of the following departments and research groups:
- Dept. of Archaeogenetics (Director: Johannes Krause)
- Dept. of Comparative Cultural Psychology (Director: Daniel Haun)
- Dept. of Evolutionary Genetics (Director: Svante Pääbo)
- Dept. of Human Behavior, Ecology and Culture (Director: Richard McElreath)
- Dept. of Linguistic and Cultural Evolution (Director: Russell Gray)
- Max Planck Research Group BirthRites - Cultures of Reproduction (Group leader: Heidi Colleran)
- Lise Meitner Group Technological Primates (Group leader: Lydia Luncz)
The PhD positions are open for international students, and it normally takes three to four years to finish one’s PhD. We expect applicants to hold a Master’s degree in one of the above, or related, fields. Fluency in written and spoken English is a requirement.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing diversity in their workforce, and we therefore encourage applications from individuals from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds.
Salary and Funding:
PhD students are normally paid by the MPI-EVA (comparable to 50% Pay Group 13 of TVöD), or by third party funding.
Start and Term of Appointment: September 2021
Application Deadline: December 16, 2020
More information on the application process:
- url: https://www.leipzig-school.eva.mpg.de/application/application.html
- mailto: leipzig_school@[>>> Please remove the brackets! <<<]eva.mpg.de
Visit https://english.leipzig.de/ for information on living in Leipzig, Germany.
The Max Planck Society is committed to equal opportunities and to employing individuals with disabilities and explicitly encourages them to apply.
We look forward to receiving your completed online application .
We look forward to receiving your completed online application at https://www.eva.mpg.de/ career .
Further information on the research agenda of the Leipzig School of Human Origins is available on our website : www.leipzig-school.eva.mpg.de.
Back to the list of vacancies