Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
Deutscher Platz 6
phone: +49 (0)341 3550 - 0
fax: +49 (0)341 3550 - 119
- The library provides reference and information services primarily for the institute's scientific staff.
- Researchers who are not members of the institute may use the library for reference during the opening times given below.
- Lending services are not available.
- If you would like to use the library please contact the library staff to register.
- Please consult our Rules and Regulations for further detail.
Remote access to electronic ressources (MPI-EVA staff only):
|Mo - Thu:||11 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Fri:||11 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
Please note: The library is closed to external users the day after Ascension Day (Himmelfahrt) and between Christmas and the New Year.
Deutscher Platz 6 (ground level)
|Ms. Bageritz:||0341 / 3550 - 142|
|Ms. Scheffler:||0341 / 3550 - 141|
We acquire literature in the fields of psychology, biology, and anthropology. Areas of specialised interest include language acquisition, cognition, developmental psychology, zoology, ethology, and genetics. The selection of titles is according to the research interests of the members of the institute and does not aspire to be comprehensive.
Journals are usually available from 1998 onwards, though back issues for some of the most relevant journals have also been added. We also facilitate access to the online versions of more than 80,000 journals.
Currently the print collection comprises about 35,000 volumes and about 200 subscribed journals, increasing by about 3,000 items annually.