Assessment and Reflection on the Ethical Dimensions of Archaeogenetics Research
Chapter 1: Stakeholders and access to human remains
Chapter 2: Destructive sampling on archaeological remains
Chapter 3: Limitations of interpreting genetic data in light of human identity
Chapter 4: Results about the human past can have an impact on the human present and future, and must be carefully communicated
Chapter 5: Many disciplines study the human past, and interactions across disciplines are challenging because they have different intellectual histories, approaches/viewpoints, and terminology
Chapter 6: Data Sharing, Open Access and Computational Reproducibility
- 18.01.2021 (Version 0.1.0): This is the initial release.
- 11.02.2021 (Version 0.1.1): Some changes in response to comments. In particular changed "community of origin" to "community of interest".
- 15.04.2021 (Version 0.2.0): Added Chapter 2
- 19.08.2021 (Version 0.3.0): Added Chapter 3
- 17.01.2023 (Version 0.3.1): added links to references in chapter 2 and 3, update to MPI-EVA affiliations
We want to encourage a discussion and would very much appreciate your feedback. Please share your comments, critique and suggestions on our github discussion forum or email Stephan Schiffels and Selina Carlhoff.